Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Great Way to Start Your Day

When I get up in the morning, I start my day with a protein shake that's so delicious it reminds me of the milk shakes I used to drink growing up.

Of course, unlike milk shakes, a protein shake is ultra-healthy.


The perfect breakfast

Here are typical ingredients:

1 cup of water
1 scoop of whey protein powder
1 banana
8 frozen strawberries
1/2 pack of frozen pulp acai
a bunch of frozen blueberries
a teaspoon of raw organic 100% cocoa
a teaspoon of raw organic peanut butter
a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil

Blend and enjoy.

This is a typical shake, although I do mix it up a little, with options like pineapple, blackberries, watermelon, mango and lots of others.

In my afternoon shake, I load up with vegetables. Occasionally I'll throw in some spinach in the morning but usually my taste buds aren't geared up yet for veggies at 6 AM.

What's amazing about protein shakes is they're delicious, they're incredibly healthy for you and the whey protein raises your dopamine and serotonin levels to get your day off to a wonderful beginning.

They're such a treat. They're virtually the perfect breakfast.

Related post:
Video - All-Pro Tony Gonzalez makes a protein smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment